The University of Strasbourg holds the Welcome to France label

Researcher Profile

On this e-desk, a researcher is any academic who comes to the University of Strasbourg for a research stay or academic teaching and holds at least a Master's degree (five-year diploma).

You are considered as a researcher if you are:

  • PhD students,
  • post-docs,
  • researchers,
  • lecturers,
  • professors,
  • teaching assistants,

And whether you status is that of a:

  • contractual employee,
  • scholarship or fellowship holder,
  • tenured researcher or teacher,
  • guest.

On the international welcome e-desk, you are likely to find the following groups of researchers, who may require specific information for their procedures, especially regarding their visa and healthcare processes: researchers with a contract (or civil servants), researchers with a fellowship/scholarship, and guest researchers.

Researcher With a Contract

Researcher with a contract at the University of Strasbourg, or tenured and assigned at the Unistra, or PhD student with a CIFRE contract:

Researcher from a research organisation (CNRS, Inserm, or private organisation e.g. CERBM), with a contract or tenured, and assigned to a research unit at the Unistra site:

Researcher With a Fellowship/Scholarship

Researcher with a grant from a foreign research institution, the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs or the EU:

Guest Researcher

Employees with a contract from their foreign institution of origin (higher education or research organisation) are invited by a research unit for their research. During their stay in Strasbourg, they are still being paid by their foreign institution: 

Researchers visiting on their own financial resources, without any salary nor funding, who are welcomed by a research unit for a research stay: